Kevin is a leader in both his profession and community:
- In April 2019, Kevin was honored as one of Mississippi’s Top 50 Under 40 by the Mississippi Business Journal;
- In 2017-2018, Kevin served as President of the Lafayette County Bar Association, overseeing the interests of local attorneys;
- In November 2015, Kevin was elected to serve as Lafayette County District 1 Supervisor;
- Kevin has often been recognized as a leader in his community;
- Kevin has been voted “Oxford’s Favorite Attorney” by readers of The Local Voice newspaper for eleven consecutive years, beginning in 2009;
- Additionally, Kevin has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Mississippi in the practice area of Criminal Defense Law by The National Trial Lawyers, as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers in Mississippi by the American Society of Legal Advocates, and was recognized as “Young Professional of the Year” by the Young Professionals of Oxford in September 2010.
In addition to his history as an elected public servant, Kevin has served on the City of Oxford’s Downtown Parking Advisory Commission, the Board of Directors for the Lafayette County Bar Association and is a member of The Lamar Order at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He has previously served the community as a member of Oxford’s Historic Preservation Commission, a member of Oxford’s Alcohol Task Force, a member and former Vice President of the Board of Directors of Theatre Oxford, as President of the Board of Directors of Young Professionals of Oxford. He taught as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Mississippi School of Law for five years, where he was Director of the Public Service Internship Program and ABOTA Federal Trial Practice courses.
Kevin obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He is admitted to practice in all courts in Mississippi, the District of Columbia, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. Prior to forming his own law firm, Kevin practiced with firms in Ridgeland and Oxford, Mississippi, and served as Law Clerk for Judges Lackey, Howorth and Elliott of the Third Judicial District Circuit Court, whose jurisdiction includes Oxford and Lafayette County.
While in Law School, Kevin was elected Chairman of the Moot Court Board by his peers, was selected by the Dean as a member of the Khayat Law Center Building Committee, and twice represented the law school on its National Trial Competition team. Kevin served as an intern for the Honorable Michael P. Mills of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi and the Office of the District Attorney for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. After graduation, he was honored by being selected to the Order of Barristers in recognition of excellence in Moot Court and Mock Trial activities.
Kevin lives in Oxford, Mississippi with his wife Ashley, their two sons and their Great Danes – on any given day, you may encounter one of them at the office! They attend St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, where Kevin has served on the Vestry, taught Sunday School and participated in the church choir. Kevin assisted his wife in coaching the University of Mississippi Women’s Club Lacrosse team from 2012-14.